We are reducing food waste - for the sake of the environment
At First Hotel G, we constantly strive to improve the environment. As part of our environmental efforts, we are working to reduce the food waste at our hotel, primarily in the restaurant. Since we started measuring food waste in collaboration with Generation Waste, we have decreased the food waste per guest from 182 to 44 grams. That is a reduction of 138 grams per guest. Furthermore, we can observe that the food waste continues to decrease.
Here are some of the changes we have made:
- We utilize all vegetable and fruit leftovers in soups, sauces, and "rescued" juices, among other things.
- Any unserved items from salad buffets are used in soups, sauces, stews, and more.
- All meat trimmings are used in sauces and stews.
- We save all bread and make croutons and breadcrumbs. We have completely stopped purchasing these products.
- Instead of providing breakfast bags for "Early Bird" guests who need to check out before the breakfast buffet opens, we now offer a smaller breakfast buffet for early guests. Any leftovers from this buffet are used on the main buffet.
As our guest, you can also help to conserve the environment. Please feel free to help yourself to the breakfast buffet multiple times instead of taking more than you can eat. In this way, we are working together to reduce food waste while contributing to a better world.