Covid-19: Information about Coronavirus and safety at First Hotels
The safety of our guests and team members are of paramount priority for First Hotels and we follow all rules and regulations issued by global and local government closely.
Unfortunately, as a result of the current coronavirus situation and restrictions issued by the government, we find it necessary to temporarily close some of our hotels.
Updated 25 June 2020
Have you booked a stay at one of the hotels that are closing? Please contact the hotel directly and they help you with an alternative situation.
The following hotels are temporarily closed:
- First Hotel Billingehus (closed from 31. June until 31. August 2020)
- First Hotel Grand Falun (closed until 31. August 2020)
- First Hotel Stadt, Härnösand (closed until 31. August 2020)
- First Hotel JA (closed from 31. May until 31. August 2020)
- First Hotel Olofström (closed from 31. May until 31. August 2020)
- First Hotel Statt, Söderhamn (closed from 31. May until 31. August 2020)
- First Hotel Statt, Örnsköldsvik (closed from 31. May until 17. August 2020)
At all hotels, we’re still doing everything we can to ensure that you feel safe. Despite everything, our number one priority is the wellbeing of our guests and team members.
We follow all advice and recommendations from health and government officials, both nationally and globally.
We have implemented the following additional control measures:
- Increased cleaning of public areas and surfaces frequently touched by guests and team members.
- Regular disinfection of door handles, elevator control panels and credit card terminals.
- Additional stations of hand disinfection, and increased focus on the importance of good hand hygiene procedures for our team members.
- Changes to all food and beverage services in an effort to mitigate the risk for our guests and team members.
- Facilitate for guests who want to enjoy their breakfast in their hotel room.
- Update instructions and procedures for all team members on general hygiene standards and instruction on hand disinfection.
In an effort to reduce the risk of contamination for our guests and team members the following services will be affected during your stay:
- Limited cleaning services for guests staying beyond one single night. Including change of linen and towels. Special rules will apply for guests, who stay longer periods in our hotel.
- Exclusion of buffet service, breakfast served as «self-service take-away»
We appreciate your kind understanding and hope soon to be able to return to our normal service levels.
- Tables, chairs and other surfaces are thoroughly cleaned both before and after conferences.
- Tables/chairs must be at least 1 metre away from each other.
- Frequently used areas and surfaces are regularly cleaned during conferences. We are extra careful with items and surfaces that are touched often, e.g. technical equipment, coffee machines and door handles.
What can you do?
- Wash your hands frequently or use our dispensers with hand sanitizer
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid handshakes and hugs
- Cough into a paper towel that you throw away. Then wash your hands.
- If you do not have a paper towel, cough in your elbow to prevent air droplets from spreading.
- Avoid touching your face: eyes, nose and mouth.